In preparation for this weekend’s adventures, I got the dehydrator out and decided to make something I haven’t made in awhile – dehydrated sweet lime banana.
It’s such an easy snack to make and the finished result tastes absolutely amazing.
- 2 x standard size bananas
- Small bottle of lime juice (can use lemon juice)
- Cut up bananas into thin slices
- Squeeze a reasonable amount of lime juice into a bowl
- Place the slices into the bowl
- Leave them to soak for a minimum of 5 minutes and ensure both sides get a generous coating of the lime juice
- Cutting out some foil or baking paper, place it in the dehydrator and place the slices on the tray; evenly spreading them out.
Now, despite leaving the dehydrator on for 8 hours for the dehydrated chilli con carne I made recently, you don’t necessarily have to leave it on for that long with the dehydrated sweet lime banana.
From memory, I’ve always left it on for about 4 hours which should be enough time for everything to dry out and for the banana slices to absorb the lime juice.
What I love about this snack is that the finished product is pretty much lime banana chips and is a healthy snack for when you are out on the trail.
Put it in a ZipLoc bag, seal it up and away you go!